- Wheelers have a sales site which contains related information to this topic.
- The ‘about’ tab gives a nice description of the services they offer.
- A more detailed integration process with AccessIT can be read in the Crystal FAQ's.
Patron /SSO services:
These are essentially is the same service from the viewpoint of Crystal schools.
- Wheelers call this “Patron” services.
- Crytsal and education generally calls this “Single Sign On” services.
Description: a simple, secure student self-registration facility” where a remote inquiry passes between the schools library package and Wheelers.
- It effectively allows a School or Library to upload and automatically activate all of their members at once.
- It will allow users to sign in via the Wheelers site, and download ebooks
What are the authentication options (in order of preference):
- SSO – Single Sign On (adfs/saml/OpenID 2.0 to OAuth0
- LDAP – need to enter your username and password, but it’s the one you enter to get into the school network (if you use AD)
- SIP2 – need to enter your username andpassword, but it’s the one you enter to get into your library management system (if you have a SIP2 license)
Please Note: The firewall will need to be edited in most cases.
Caveat: Oliver: SIP2 at Waimea: Quite a while ago a workaround was found for Waimea College that involved setting up a special pathway so they could use SIP2 as a Patron service. . This solution was a one off,